Property Management Holiday
Getting your rental property ready to show possible tenants is a major factor on what type of clients are going to be attracted to your rental property. Hiring on a property manager will be help you when decided what to do and what to not do so much of.
The most important thing is to make sure the outside of your rental looks nice and welcoming. If your potential tenants get a weird feeling on the outside of the property they will most likely carry that inside with them. A+ Realty Management, Inc. is skilled in staging a property to make it feel like home.
Keeping your rental property clean on the inside is very important as well. If it is a furnished property then adding a bit of décor will really make it feel lived in – in a good way! Renters love to picture themselves in a place, they need to get that feeling to make the move to rent.
If you do not have time to decorate or clean-up the property allow the team at A+ Realty Management, Inc. to over! Making sure the property is clean, in good repair, up to code and inviting.
Keeping your rental property unfurnished is more common as it makes the property appealing to a larger demographic. Most clients have to weigh the pros and cons with their property managers to help make that decision.
Pros of a furnished rental property:
- It brings a home-like feeling to the rental. This will attract someone who is either just starting out, or someone that recently downsized.
- You can raise the rent. Being able to post your rental for a much higher price is always a plus.
- It is a huge tax break when you have a fully furnished rental property. A tax break is the most reason why rental property owners furnish their properties.
- Less money spent at the start up.
Cons of a furnished rental property:
- The tenant can damage the furniture which will cause you to spend more money replacing it when the next tenant comes along.
- With a furnished property you will begin to attract more of a short term renter (around 3 months) – which could be a good thing if that is what you’re looking for.
- Some tenants, especially long-term, enjoy decorating their own apartments. Making it feel like their own.
- More expensive in your investment.
Really, the choice is yours. Deciding on what sounds best to you if the most important thing. Hiring a property management team near Holiday to help you through is the best way to see all your options before jumping into any decision.
*Disclaimer: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Aplus Realty Management Inc*